Occasionally you need to check spelling in an application that does not include a spelling checker and you don't want to launch your word processor just for that. This is when tinySpell becomes handy. It is a small utility that allows you to easily and quickly check and correct the spelling in any Windows application.
tinySpell can watch your typing on the fly and alert you whenever it detects a misspelled word. It can also check the spelling of text that you copy to the clipboard. tinySpell installs itself in the taskbar notification area for easy access.
• tinySpell totally free - no adware/spyware/nagware/etc.
• Checks spelling in any Windows application
• Checks spelling on-the-fly (alerts if the last typed word was misspelled)
• Checks spelling of text that is copied to the clipboard
• Allows you to specify applications for which tinySpell is disabled or enabled
• Allows you to add words to the dictionary
• Optionally beeps on error (beep sound can be easily set to any wav file)
• Optionally displays a spelling tip (see example)
• Opens replacements list with a simple mouse click or a hot-key
• Optionally copies the selected replacement word to the clipboard
• Optionally inserts the selected replacement word into the document
• Provides easy access to on-line web services (Search, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia) (see here)
• Easy Enable/Disable
• Uses little system resources
[size=4]SIZE: 1 MB[/size]